It is the mission of Colin Powell Elementary School to provide a safe and caring learning environment that embraces diversity. We set high expectations for academic and social excellence, and ensure that all individuals succeed in meeting these goals. As a total school community, we work together to meet individual student needs and to create experiences that promote the development of responsible, productive citizens and confident, life-long learners.
The community of learners of Colin Powell Elementary School envisions a diverse community of learners working together to achieve their limitless potential as moral, conscientious citizens.
- Students will develop an awareness of community resources and how they can make a difference within that community.
- Students will develop a sense of purpose and an awareness of societal responsibility.
- Students will be sensitive to individual differences.
- Students will accept diversity.
- Students, parents, and staff will collaboratively be accountable for high achievement in the classroom and within the community.
Our Core Values and Beliefs
To ensure academic success for all, the Colin Powell school community unites to make the following commitments:
- We will work collaboratively to make instructional decisions to support the learning of each child.
- We will challenge students to think critically and become problem solvers.
- We will support our students as they strive to be responsible, caring, respectful, honest, and cooperative.
- We will engage in meaningful professional development activities which support student success.
- We will respect, honor, and celebrate the cultural and educational diversity of our school community.
- We will acknowledge parents and community volunteers as partners in the educational process.
What's for Breakfast Today?View today's school breakfast menu
What's for Lunch Today?View today's school lunch menu
School Payments Made Easy
From the cafeteria to the classroom, pay anytime, anywhere from your computer or smartphone.